The Add Document screen, unlike other module items within the application, appears as a pop-up window. You can add a new document that will appear in the Search Documents screen here:
New Document screen
To add a new document
1. Add a file by clicking the Browse button and specifying the file location in the standard system window.
2. Fill in document details:
- Properties tab – Information about the document: Title, Description, Workspace the file belongs to, Category, Type of file and whether the file is available offline. (Only possible for files under 5 MB.)
- Security – Assign access level for user groups that will be able to access this file.
- Notes (optional)
3. Click Add and save the document.
Document Details Screen
After adding a document, the following functionality becomes available in the Document Details window for that document:
Document Details window
- Archive – Marks the document as “Archived”. Archived documents cannot be edited. The icon in the bottom-left corner changes accordingly to “Archived”. (The status changes right away, so clicking “Update” isn’t necessary). “Archived” and other statuses are displayed as icons in the first column of the documents grid and the Revisions list. The “Recirculate” button will replace the “Archive” button. Properties of the document, however, can still be updated.
- Recirculate – Unarchives the document so it can be edited again. The status icon changes back accordingly to “Available to Edit”. Clicking “Update” isn’t necessary.
- Lock – “Archive”, “Save”, “Edit” and “Update” buttons become unavailable and the status icon changes accordingly to “Locked”. The “Unlock” button will replace the “Lock” button. The “Lock” function differs from “Archive” in that editing the document’s properties is unavailable.
- Unlock – Unlocks the document so the document and its properties, security settings and notes may be updated again.
- Edit – Opens the attached file with the associated program in order to save a new version of it. The status icon “You are editing” is displayed while the file is being edited. Other users that have access to this document will also see the icon and the file will not be available for editing by other users at this time. The “Release” button will replace the “Edit” button. Additional information on who is editing the file is available in the “Checked Out By” column on the documents grid.
- Release – Exit from editing the document without saving. The file becomes available for editing by other users.
- Save – Saves a new version of the file. Leave a short description of version changes in the Comment field, or choose another file by specifying its location after clicking “Browse” in the “New Document Revision” window.
- Cancel – Exit the document details window without saving.