The Asset Activities screen, displays a list of “activities” or ways through which the usage of an asset can be measured. On this screen, you can create, edit and delete asset activities.
Asset activities are different options for tracking-meter readings and personnel usages, such as “Mileage” or “Utilization Hours”. These records are kept for each asset and are tracked through multiple windows across the application, such as the Usage Log, Maintenance Log, and Failure Log. They are especially useful for the creation and keeping of recurring work orders.
Asset Activities screen
Asset activities can be marked as:
- Internal Only – if the activity should only appear on internal-type Work Orders.
- Billable – if the time put towards this activity should be charged to the customer.
- Inactive – if the activity shouldn’t be used for the time being.
New Asset Activity window
To create a new asset activity, press Ctrl+N or right-click within the grid and select New from the menu. All yellow fields in the window are required information, while white fields are optional.
You can assign the activity:
- Activity Code – A short designation to use as an internal code.
- Caption – A longer, human-readable label, for use in column headers and drop-down lists.
- Description – A detailed explanation, clarifying exactly what should be measured for the activity.
- Calculation Type – When setting a recurring Work Order to implement asset maintenance by the activity usage interval, the calculation will either work cumulatively (by default), based on the lifetime of the asset (i.e., “this truck has been driven 3,000 miles since its last inspection, initiate Work Order”), or by the value of the last Work Order in which it was used (i.e., “this truck was driven 500 miles in its last job, initiate Work Order”).
- Asset Field to Update – Enter either “Mileage” or “UsageHours.”
- Image – Add an image to associate with the activity.