Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a problem solving method used to identify incidents or the root cause of certain issues. To be considered as a root cause factor, it should meet the requirement that if it were to be removed from the problem-fault, the final undesirable event would not have happened; whereas a causal factor affects the outcome of an event, but is not the root cause. Though removing a causal factor can benefit an outcome, it would not prevent its recurrence with certainty.
This module allows users to manage Severity and Likelihood according to a Risk Matrix.
Root Cause Analysis
Edit a Root Cause Analysis
- Click on Back Office>QHSE> Root Cause Analysis
- Click on Find.
- Right click and select Edit.
- By making a selection in the incident Severity and Likelihood fields, the Risk Classification is filled automatically.
- Select any High Level Root causes from the drop down list: Organization & Management, Processes & Communication, Vehicle & Automotive, Equipment & Tools, Materials, 3rd Party & Contracting, Human Causes or Environment.
- Write a first Level Root Cause, with action items and comments.
- Click OK to save the information.
The Root Cause Analysis is then added to the list.
Root Cause Analysis Edition